How to Play Playstation 2 Games on a PC
Everybody like to play High-quality graphics games of ps2, but everybody doesn’t afford ps2 only for gaming purpose. With the help of this post, you can complete your dream of playing ps2 games without buying any gaming console.
You can play ps2 games on your computer with the help of the PCSX2 emulator. PCSX2 is a PlayStation 2 emulator, which is a free program that tries to replicate the PlaySattion 2 console to enable you to play ps2 games on your PC. But, before proceed to ensure that your computer is capable of running a PCSX2 emulator.
System Requirements to run PCSX2 Emulator
Minimum (most game will be unplayable slow)
OS: Windows / Linux
CPU: Any that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)
GPU: Any that supports Pixel Shader model 2.0, except Nvidia FX series (broken SM2.0, too slow anyway)
RAM: 512MB RAM (note Vista needs, at least, 2GB to run reliably)
Recommended (Games run like Playstation 2)
OS: Windows Vista/ Windows 7(32 bit or 64 bit with the latest Direct X
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 GHz or better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 GHz or better
GPU: 8800gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)
RAM: 1GB on Linux/Windows XP, 2GB or more on Vista / Windows 7
Install PCSX2 Emulator on a PC step by step
1) Go to official website download page of PCSX2
2) Select your operating system (like Windows) and click on it
3) Select one from options and click on DOWNLOAD button.
4)Once your download is completed then double-click on it to start installation setup.
5) Now Installation window appears on your screen. Check all boxes then click on NEXT button.
6) Click on INSTALL button to start the Installation
7) Once your installation is completed, then click on CLOSE button to finish the installation setup. PCSX2 is install on your computer, now setup your PCSX2 emulator for gaming.
Set-Up PCSX2 for Gaming
1) Go to desktop and click on PCSX2 icon to start the program
2)Now, a PCSX2 window appears on your screen. Select your language and click on APPLY button
3) Click on NEXT button to complete one-time configuration, again click on NEXT button.
Now, you need BIOS files to start playing without BIOS files you can’t start games on PCSX2. You can take BIOS files from your PS2 console But if you don’t have PS2, then you can download from here.
4) Once your BIOS files download is completed, then extract the file to get BIOS file folder.
5) Go to PCSX2 configuration window, UN-CHECK the Use Default Setting box
6) Click on BROWSE button. Now a new window appears on your screen, select your BIOS folder and clicks on the OK button.
7) Now you can see BIOS console list, select one option and click on FINISH button. Now PCSX2 is the start for gaming. But, Before starting a game you should be configured your keypad settings. Otherwise, you will start the game but you never been able to control.
8) Go to the PCSX2 window. Click on CONFIG > CONTROLLER (PAID) > PLUGIN SETTING. Now keypad setting window appears on your screen.
9) Click on PAD 1 option and then you can set your keyboard buttons at the place of console buttons.
Example: – First click on SQUARE button then press your keyboard button like SPACE button, now set your all buttons according to your comfort. Once you’ve made all your buttons Seth, then you will be able to control your game better.
But if you have any gaming remote, then you can also set it like as a keyboard and play exactly like PlayStation.
10) Once your all buttons are set, then click on APPLE button and then click on OK button.
Start Playing Game on PCSX2
1) Insert Your gaming CD or DVD in your PC DVD-ROM.
2) Go to the PCSX2 window click on CDVD and select PLUGIN, then click on PLUGIN MENU and then click on PLUGIN setting.
3)Now new window appear, select your correct DVD drives like (F or G) and click on OK button.
4) Click on SYSTEM then clicks on BOOT CDVD (FULL) or BOOT CDVD (FAST) both are work.
But if you already copy your game to your hard disk, then follow these steps. This will allow you to play the game without gaming DVDs.
1) Go to the PCSX2 window, click CDVD and select IOS at the place of PLUGIN.
2) Again click on CDVD > IOS SELECTOR > BROWSE, now to your game path open your game folder and select you game file which is in IOS format then click on OPEN button.
3) Click on SYSTEM then clicks on BOOT CDVD (FULL) or BOOT CDVD (FAST) both are worked.
Now enjoy you PS2 games on your PC without spend any cost or buying any gaming console. But if you have any problems and issues during the step-up, then you can ask us for its solution by using our comment form.